With annual global turnover of $426 million, multinational recreational vehicle business Tourism Holdings Ltd (THL) has won the tourism industry’s highest accolade, the Air New Zealand Supreme Tourism Award.
The winners of the New Zealand Tourism Awards were announced at a gala dinner in Christchurch, attended by more than 400 industry leaders and supporters.
THL also won the Auckland Airport Business Excellence Award – more than $6 million annual turnover. Listed on the New Zealand stock exchange, THL looks after more than 200,000 customers a year, operating a global recreational vehicle fleet of more than 6000.
Alongside its RV rental and sales operations, it also operates two additional tourism businesses in New Zealand – Discover Waitomo, including Waitomo Glowworm Caves; and Kiwi Experience, a bus network aimed at young backpackers.
THE NEW ZEALAND TOURISM AWARDS 2018 WINNERS:
• Air New Zealand Supreme Tourism Award: Tourism Holdings Ltd (THL)
• Horwath HTL Sir Jack Newman Outstanding Industry Leader Award: Kathy Guy
• PATA New Zealand Trust Emerging Tourism Leader Award: Luke Taylor, Go Orange, Queenstown
• JLT & AIG Tourism Industry Champion Award: Les Morgan, Sudima Hotels and Resorts
• Westpac Business Excellence Award – Less than $6 million annual turnover: Owen River Lodge
• Department of Conservation Environmental Tourism Award: Kapiti Island Nature Tours
• Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment Industry Alignment Award: Hawke’s Bay Tourism
• He Kai Kei Aku Ringa M¯ aori Tourism Award: Whale Watch Kaikoura Ltd
• The Great Journeys of New Zealand Tourism 2025 Enabler Award: Christchurch Airport
• epay NZ Tourism Marketing Award: Air New Zealand
• ServiceIQ Visitor Experience Award: GO Rentals
• NZME People’s Choice Award: Forgotten World Adventures